Learning Rumba Dance Steps
Rumba originates from a group of Latin-based dances beginning with the Bolero in Spain and it is characterized with rumba dance steps. It is also related to the Mambo and its sensual and slow rhythm is easy to learn making it a favorite of many. Probably, the only other dance that could surpass it in popularity is salsa.
The most ideal way to learn the skill of the rumba dance steps is to simply go ahead and do it practically, if possible with the keen instruction of a qualified dance instructor as well as a dedicated partner. When one is selecting a studio to carry out the dance instructions, there are two options to pick from which are package and independent plans. Independent studios allow learners to have the rumba classes lesson by lesson with payments being done after each session as the skill is slowly built up..
This may be considered to be a convenient mode of learning rumba dance steps but it may not exactly be the most appropriate method. Whichever ballroom lessons are taken, they have to be properly structured and packaged lessons such as those offered from studios like “Learn and Master Ballroom Dance” which are more comprehensive and have a controlled approach that can assist in learning rumba more effectively.
Online Resources of Learning Rumba Dance
Definitely, in this era of information, you may be able to learn rumba via the internet. The guided explanation of the rumba dance steps and other variants can be found on in several websites just like this one. and the “Louis Let’s DanceLearn and Master Ballroom Dance” DVDs programs are the 2 most useful rumba dance steps instruction lessons that you can’t find elsewhere.
The Frame of Rumba Dance Steps
The initial thing that is taught during the lessons is the rumba dance frame. The left hand of the lead is supposed to hold the right hand of the follow’s shoulder blade. The follow should rest their hand on the bicep of the lead while facing each other.
The initial rumba dance steps are quite simple; it is a ‘box step’ and the follow will mirror the steps of the lead (in contrast to the bolero which has separate moves for the female and male basic step). The pace of the steps goes ‘quick, quick, slow’ and the beat it is danced to is a 4/4.
The lead’s steps are as follows:
1. Use the left foot to step to the side (first fast step)
2. The right foot is then brought to meet the left (second fast step)
3. Make a step forward using the left foot with a low step. (Double the time of the prior step)
4. Take a step using the right foot and collect it by inching it to the left foot without making contact with the floor. After this, shift the leg to the right and place it on the floor. This happens to be the basic second half initial quick rumba dance step.
5. The left foot then joins the right quickly
6. Take a slow step back using the right foot, finishing a basic step.
7. The initial quick step to the side is done in a similar fashion as in step number 4 after which the foot is collected first and moved onto the side.
With this rumba dance steps, dancing rumba has never been easier.
- How to Dance Rumba in 4 Easy Steps Do you want to learn how to dance Rumba easily? Before you can know how...
- Foxtrot Dance Steps: Learn the Basics of Foxtrot Compared to other ballroom dances such as salsa or tango, foxtrot dance steps are not...
- Ballroom Dance Steps: To Build Up Your Fundamental Basics There are various dancing steps to use in ballroom dancing. There are basic types of...
- Samba Dance Steps: Learn the Basics of Ballroom Samba The Samba dance steps which are found the world over originated in Brazil in the...
- Rumba Dance Instructions: Boosting Flirtation between Partners It’s very crucial to the correct Rumba dance instruction guide if you really want to...